A fundamental requirement for a smart factory are ergonomic software solutions that allow efficient engineering and a positive user experience, and which are also highly scalable, secure and powerful in the process. With zenon 7.20, COPA-DATA is presenting a new software version that can meet these requirements.
“With zenon 7.20, we are offering a product that can be used for innovative industrial production plants that are characterized by a significant ability to adapt, resource efficiency, ergonomics and consistent, fully integrated value-adding processes,” explains Reinhard Mayr, Product Manager at COPA-DATA. “The new version is notable in terms of mobile working with the Everywhere App by zenon, HTML5 support, enhanced security functions and efficient energy management. In addition, zenon 7.20 offers numerous improvements for our core industries, which make the work even more efficient, simple and user-friendly.”
zenon 7.20 – an overview of other new features
- High-performance graphics support: zenon 7.20 supports DirectX version 11.1 and thus offers modern and very powerful graphics support. The improved performance is most clearly evident when using faceplates and in the zenon Worldview and thus contributes to an improved user experience. In the zenon Editor too, the graphics are now displayed using DirectX and are thus equivalent to the display in Runtime.
- Optimized SAP interface: With the new version, it is possible for SAP systems to call up production data – and not only for zenon as before. The advantage of this update is synchronized data handling and thus improved timing, because the SAP system gets the data from zenon in a targeted manner and only when required.
- zenon Energy Edition: If companies use the Energy Edition of zenon, they can benefit from the new “Command Sequencer” module from zenon 7.20. Companies can use this to configure the sequence of commands. They can easily and intuitively compile command sequences using drag&drop in the PFC Editor.
- zenon Energy Data Management System: With zenon 7.20, COPA-DATA is offering an attractively-priced solution package for energy management applications. The new offer includes zenon Operator, which is tailor-made for use in energy management, and zenon Analyzer, including a selection of reports that are relevant to the company for energy management in accordance with ISO 50001.
- zenon Logic 8.7: The new software release also includes an update of the zenon IEC 61131 programming environment.
- Enhancements for the following drivers: IEC 60870 (slave and master), DNP3, SNMPv3, IEC 61850, IEC 61850 Edition 2, S7 (TIA 13 import).
zenon 7.20 is fully compatible with previous versions. Existing projects can simply be transferred at the click of a mouse and without any loss of data.