HELINKS STS is a toolset for IEC 61850 based Substation Automation System Engineering. It is designed to support a device-independent top-down engineering process in accordance with part 4 and part 6 of the IEC 61850 standard-series. The toolset comprises a
- System Specification Tool;
- System Configuration Tool; and
- Various utilities for SCL Handling.
Advanced graphical editors (Single Line Editor, Function Diagram Editor, System Diagram Editor) serve to build the SCL files for an SAS project.
Additional features include:
- Bay, Function and IED Libraries
- Excel Import/Export of Signal List
- SCL import and export
- SCL direct editing and validation
- Signal Engineering
- Communication specification
- Automatic generation of IEC 61850 communication configurations (MMS Reports, GOOSE)
- Advanced documentation features
Helinks STS comes with different Vendor Packages, providing improved support for different vendor products. The automatic generation of an SCD communication configuration generally requires a Vendor Package to cater for some of the vendor-specific IEC 61850 product implementation details.